Fraudsters contact victims to inform them that they have won a prize and ask for money/information to process the same.
- Participating in dubious lucky draws
- Responding to messages saying you've won when you haven't participated in the first place
- If the call/email is genuine, why would caller require your information? They should already have it.
- Why does the call require you to pay fees for getting the prize?
- Did the caller address you by name or simply mentioned “Sir/Madam”?
- Never share your personal details with anyone, it can be used to take money from your account or card
- If you suspect that your personal details have been compromised, report it immediately to your bank