You might receive email from unknown email IDs, asking you to click on a link.
When you receive email stating:
- Your account or card has been blocked
- Your account details require update of personal details
- Is your name mentioned in the email? If not, would you get such emails?
- Are you marked as BCC in the email, and your email ID is not visible?
- Is the sender’s email ID matching 100% with the email ID of your bank or other entities? Or is there a slight mismatch?
- Your bank would never ask for your personal details in such manner
- Do not click on links received from unkown senders
- If you suspect that your personal details have been compromised, report it immediately to your bank